Setting a record for residential projects in District 8, Piccadilly Grand sold 77% of its units during its launch weekend on 7th-8th May 2022. The first joint venture between City Developments Limited (CDL) and MCL Land saw 315 of its 417 units snapped up like hotcakes at an average of $2,150psf.
Image credit: CDL
Named after its namesake in London, Piccadilly Grand encompasses 3 23-storey towers sitting above the Piccadilly Galleria shopping mall along Northumberland Road. The 1, 2, and 3-bedroom units were the most popular options amongst buyers, with a 45sqm 1-bedroom unit starting from S$1.06 million, while a 82sqm 3-bedroom unit starts from S$1.79 million.
In a statement released on 8th May, CDL and MCL Land also indicated that there was keen interest in the 4-bedroom dual-key configuration to facilitate multi-generational living or to make renting out part of the unit easier.
Majority of the buyers at 90% were Singaporeans, with the remaining 10% comprised PRs and buyers from Malaysia, Hong Kong, India, China, USA, and other countries.
Image credit: CDL
The strong-take up over the launch weekend signals a confidence that the buyers have in Singapore’s economic and residential property market outlook, said Tan Wee Hsien, CEO of MCL Land. It also helped that the integrated development is in a prime location with direct link to Farrer Park MRT Station and a close proximity to schools and other shopping malls.
Piccadilly Grand is also set to offer a variety of recreational facilities within its 36,679sqm complex, including multiple clubhouses and pools, a wellness lounge, spa areas, gymnasiums, and a multipurpose court. Each apartment unit is also equipped with the latest smart home technologies and luxury kitchen appliances from Bosch.